My Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo line apron and pin cushion. The photos do not do it justice. The red is a little brighter and the blue is really more turquoise with a more green in it. I have had the fabric since February, and finally made the time to make it. I plan to use my apron for craft classes so I tried very hard to make the apron so that it could be easily washed. I used varigated thread because I think this fabric definitely begged for it.
I absolutely LOVE the flowers I made. The stems are made from rolled thin strips of fabric, then zig-zagged onto the pocket. Most of the buttons are also by Cosmo Cricket, however, the BIG green button is almost vintage - it came from Diana's mom's stash. It doesn't really look like a button but it is perfect for that flower.
My very good friend, Cindy, came over Friday night, just to show me how to make this adoreable pin cushion. It is very cute and pretty simple. You start with a 9" paper plate...
My apron is completely reversible, so when I actually sewed the apron together, I had to be sure that what I did on one side, worked just as well for the other side. The trickiest part was the placing and sewing of the big pockets. I have to say I am glad this is done and I am extremely happy with the outcome. Thank you, Nicole, (and Cosmo Cricket) for nudging me!