Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zumba!

On my quest to losing weight (which is working, by the way), I very recently took a couple of Zumba classes! Zumba - to put it simply - is Latin dancing. It is so much fun, you should really consider it. If you are looking to increase your heart rate, burn some calories, do a little Latin dancing, then you should really check out what is offered in your area. These are just a couple of random pictures taken off the internet - no one I know. Look at the smiles on their faces! Honestly, it is a whole lot of fun, you just want all of your friends to join you. My friend, Cindy, asked me to do it and I totally poo-pooed her. Then I thought, well, why not? So we went Monday and Wednesday nights at Freestone Rec Center in Gilbert. I am thinking of buying an annual membership just because of these classes. Last night, Adriana went. By next week, we'll have more recruits.
The first night I was so self-conscious about doing the dance moves and how everyone might laugh at me. By the middle of class, I realized nobody cares. We are all just having fun and trying to stay up with the instructor, Barbie, who was great! Our class had people of all shapes and sizes, different ages. We were totally outdone by a little girl who appeared to be about 6 years old!
If you've ever tried Zumba, I would love to hear about it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't tried zumba yet but I'm planning on going to my first class this weekend. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! :)

Brooke said...

I love Zumba I do it at Tumbleweed Rec Center in Chandler a few days a week!

Unknown said...

Brooke - thanks for the info. I will also check out Tumbleweed Rec Center. I am looking for more than twice a week.

Brooke said...

I think they do it Monday through Saturday. They even offer a beginners class one of those days!
http://www.chandleraz.gov/default.aspx?pageid=781