Friday, January 14, 2011

Bath night, and then all tucked in with their jammies on...

I apologize right up front for this picture.  Jack is black and white - and you can hardly see him in this photo.  It was bath night for my dogs (they were really "stanky!") and then I put them in their jammies and off to bed.  Sounds like my kids, doesn't it?  I never thought I would ever get to this point with a dog, or two.  I used to wonder about people who spoke to their dogs as if they were children, but you know, I have turned into one of them.  I didn't understand it before, but now I do.  These two are my companions.  Jack is a loner, but Sophie just wants to be near me.
I keep my house cold at night and so Jack and Sophie wear sweaters, t-shirts, or something to keep them warm.  Jack is ready for bed and bundled up in this blanket.  Amazingly, he stays like this all night.
Sophie is wearing jammies (with legs).   She moves around during the night, but usually ends up in her bed on the floor right next to my bed, all cuddled up in a blanket.  She saw me holding these pajamas and she went into her kennel.  I really had to coax her with a treat to get her to come out.
They are really sweet company for me.

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) Too cute, Jean. I don't think my two cats would take to pajamas, but your pups sure look cute in them.