Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's still Christmas...

This year I bought a wood wreath made by Kaisercraft.  I loved the sample (top photo).  I was hoping to get it done before Christmas so I could hang it up this year, but I didn't make it.  I knew if I packed it away, it probably wouldn't get done for next year either.  So I am doing it now.  It has multiple wood stars (of 3 different sizes), that come "hooked" together.  You have to break them apart, then clean the edges with an Xacto knife and then sanding it smooth.  
These are the papers I chose - BasicGrey's Eskimo Kisses line.  I pulled out my personal Cricut and started cutting stars.  It worked out beautifully as you can see from the second photo.
I had one problem - my personal Cricut could not cut a 5 1/2 inch star, so I took off for Paper Vineyard because they will cut items out on their Cricut Expression - for a very small fee.  I cut four stars and now I am ready to start gluing.  
I should have this done today and I will post the finishesd wreath tomorrow.  Can't wait!  Have a very Happy New Year!  I hope it is a safe, healthy and prosperous one for all of you.

No comments: