Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Holy Moly!

I have a grapefruit tree, and an orange tree, but they never produced good fruit -  until this year!  Last fall I had my trees trimmed down to two main branches hoping that the trees would come back.  Well, it happened.  They look a little funny and I didn't get a lot of fruit, but the fruit the trees produced are good and ripening now.  This particular grapefruit measures 19 inches around and when anyone saw it hanging on the tree, they always talked about how big it was.  Last night I cut it and it was beautiful!  It was extremely juicy.
Proof of over 19 inches around...
The one on the left is the mongo grapefruit and the one on the right isn't too shabby either.
It measures a little over 6 inches across...
I looked all over the house for a ruler, but couldn't find one.  But I was able to put my hands on the BoBunny flexible ruler and it worked out even better.
I ate half last night and will be eating the other half this morning.  I am so proud of this grapefruit and I just wanted to share my good fortune!

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Wow. The fruit looks amazing, and I really love that you used a BoBunny tape measure to size it up! :o)

tainted with a positive view said...

It is a crafting blog after all. :)