Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Very Handy Tool

This is a tool by EK Success called a Powder Tool.  I mail ordered it a couple of years ago and thought it would be handy.  Well, I never used it and decided I had wasted my hard earned $$.  And the reason I didn't use it was because I typically do not work with stickers.  Lately, though, I have been using more stickers.  This tool allows you to powder the back side of something sticky which makes it not sticky.  In my blog yesterday, I showed pictures of my Easter card and I used stickers on that card.  I wanted to pop them up, so I placed my foam pop up stickers on the back of the sticker, and before peeling of the back tabs of the foam pop ups, I sprinkled/brushed a little powder on the back.  The only parts left sticky are the pop up tabs.  It works great.  This is also nice for when you have an embellishment that hangs off the edge of your project and it is sticky.  I use this with Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey's chipboard elements. 
Just passing this little tid bit of information along to you!

1 comment:

Marijo said...

I bought one too and haven't used it yet. A friend of mine uses hers all the time. I guess I have to remember that I have it!!