Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yes, it's Christmas card time!

It's the time of year that I get together with my friend, Cindy, and make Christmas cards.  We have a system - each of us comes up with a design and then we put together kits for 10 cards each.  At the end of the evening, we go home with 20 cards - which is a decent start on our Christmas cards.  Friday night was our first night of the season making Christmas cards.  I am still putting them together, but here are the results:
That first picture is my dining room table - I was using Stickles so I needed space to lay out the cards and let them dry.
My design is a snow man - melting.  I think he is missing a top hat and will probably try to work on that. One of my goals is to use paper that I already have, so this particular card is using one of the Christmas lines by Cosmo Cricket.
This is Cindy's design - so gorgeous!  The ornaments are 3-D.  She used a paper line by Echo Park.  I really do love it.
Okay, so this is just the beginning of our Christmas card making sessions.  By sharing the design work and cutting of kits, it helps get this task done way before we need to place them in the mail.  






No comments: