Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I am SO excited! I just love this!!!

I finally did it!  It has been an idea I've been tossing around - to have a sewing class.  So here it is.  This is one of my upcoming classes - sewing on paper!  Those of you who follow my blog, know that - without a doubt - I LOVE sewing paper on paper.  It is like an easy way to quilt.  At least that is my perspective on it.  You can be sloppy and it still looks great!  Sewing adds so much dimension to your projects.  In this class, we will be making two layouts and two cards.  Above is one of the layouts.  Click on it, make it larger, so you can get closer to the stitching.
The second layout is above - I love the colors.  The paper line is Crate Paper's Season Collection.  I am totally taken by the color scheme.  They are really funky.
This is a close up of one of the pages. 
One of the cards we will be making - simple but sweet.  
This is the second card, using totally funky colors!  
Everyone will receive a kit consisting of 16 double-sided pages of card stock, a 12 x 12 sheet of die cuts, two half sheets of stickers, matching brads and ribbon.  Class participants will go home with a lot of extra product to use in future projects.  What could be better than that?
Participants need to have their own sewing machines because they will be busy cutting paper and sewing.  It will be hard to share a sewing machine - not impossible, but a little difficult.  
This class is at Paper Vineyard on September 11 at 12:30 - 5:00.
And... it is limited to 11 people.

I feel like I have been rambling on about this.  Live with it, or join me.

P.S.  Those are my babies, when they were babies.  

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

That's so cool. You are such a good teacher anyway, and teaching something that you love will be so fun for you. Love the projects and color scheme! Have fun!!! xo

PS: Yes, we are moving but staying local. ;o)