Saturday, September 10, 2011

One hectic and productive day...

Dinner in crock pot - check.
Take car to repair shop - check.
Dental appointment at 9:00 - check.
Pedicure (killing time waiting for car to be done) - check.
Pick up car - check.
Take car to Discount Tires to repair tire with nail in it - check.
Back home to pick up dinner and let dogs out - check.
Pick up Kate and Kim and head to Peoria for dinner - check.
Dinner with in-laws - check.
Back home for some card making - check.
And - finally - some finished cards...
These cards are/were for August's Card Exchange at Paper Vineyard Scrapbook Store.  You might remember the theme was ribbons and lace.  Many of us could not make it, so we actually didn't meet, but will exchange these cards later this month.
I love the white gathered stuff - it has like a thin spongey feel.  Actually is it like the pieces of thin foam that we used for perms when I was a kid.  This actually came from Claire's Boutique on a roll.  You can see from the photo below that it has a shimmer to it.
I am so excited to be done with September's cards.  My normal routine is to do them the week before they are due, so this is a real treat for me.  September's theme is, as you can see, Halloween and something else.  I obviously chose.  

I decided to make it easy on myself and use the ready-to-use die cuts by We R Memory Keepers.  The paper line is really cute.
Some of them I embellished with Stickles.  It really added a nice look to the finished card.
That's all for now.  I have a sewing (on paper) class tomorrow, and I will be sure to share more photos.
Good night!


1 comment:

It's Me! Adriana said...

You put me to shame! Your October cards are done and they are boo-tiful! i am jealous