Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Friendsday Wednesday

I happened to be searching for card blogs and through my friend, Lori Barnett, I came across this one:  Lucy's Cards.  The link is http://hedgehogsandladybirds.blogspot.com/.  Lucy's bio is:

Lucy was first introduced to stamping in 2008 when her sister gave her a scrapbooking kit. Not long after, Lucy bought Hero Artist Sally Traidman's book 'Simply Cards', and a new obsession began. She was introduced to the world of rubber stamps, and more specifically Hero Arts. Lucy creates cards that are clean, simple and fun. She loves to combine patterned paper with stamping and particularly enjoys paper piecing with stamped images.

In 2009 Lucy was asked to create some samples with Hero Arts digital stamps, and a new craze started. She has now had cards published in a number of magazines, including CARDS and Paper Crafts.
Lucy lives in Manchester, England with her husband and their naughty cat Dennis. She is a full time high school teacher.  And... she is expecting a baby in 3 weeks!

She has a very nice blog about card making.  She has multiple samples of cards, but the ones below really caught my eye:
I am a sucker for Christmas cards.  And I absolutely love the peacock card.  I can already feel the inspiration.  Lucy has lots of followers and is on, or has been on, several design teams.  Be sure to check out her blog.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oooh...thanks for introducing me to Lucy's blog. Her cards are amazing, and my favorite is that teal peacock too!

Marti said...

Thanks for the link to Lucy. She sure is talented.