Tuesday, December 20, 2011

All weekend and yesterday...

I was MOVING!  I am now in my new place - and loving it!  Sadly, I am not unpacked, of course.  My kitchen is almost done, and the living room looks pretty good, but I have a long way to go.
I am wondering, would you say it is hopeless?
Here they are moving the scrap box - it doesn't look that big in this photo, but it is the size of a big refrigerator.  I had the same company (and I requested Jerry and Jacob) move me.  They didn't think the scrap box looked as big this time.  Pretty funny.
The first photo is the new craft room - and stuff is just crammed in there!  My landlord came over to look at the disposal, and I told him not to be scared of that room when he sees it.  I can't imagine what he thought.
This is the second bedroom - full of more stuff.  Next step is to weed some [a lot] of that stuff out.
And the living room - dark picture because I am literally standing in the dark taking the photo.
Some of you are probably saying "didn't she just move?"  Yes, I did - 7 months ago.  But you probably also know the story of the scorpions?  Well, I decided not to fight them and instead made the decision to leave them behind.  As beautiful as that house was, I just would never be comfortable there.
I just wanted to share a little bit of my world with you.  My goal today?  Make it through the cookie exchange and keep on moving more stuff.

3 comments:

Marti said...

I sympathize with you. Last October my house flooded from a broken pipe, and I was out of my house until the week before Christmas while the damage was repaired. When the movers brought all my stuff back, I felt like crying. I unboxed, sorted, and edited. After about two months, I finally finished. The end result is beautiful, but getting there was awful.

tainted with a positive view said...

Marti - I just love your comments! I really look forward to them. I feel like I never unpacked at the other house because I wasn't sure if I was going to stay. So I am looking forward to it now!

Holly said...

HI! This looks like the Phoenix area. I'm in Peoria. Are you close to me?