Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe of Me mini books

You might remember that I took a Debby Schuh class last August and we made the Recipe of Me mini book.  I really like her books because you don't have to paste or adhere paper onto chipboard, which can be messy at times.  It is just a different look.  At the class I bought an extra kit - well, because she had one and I liked the book.   My friend, Cindy, liked the book and purchased one on line, so now we both had the same kit to put together.  So Friday night, that is just what we did.  Here are my two books, with a few small differences:
 The one on the left is the new one - the one on the right is the one I made in class.
 Top is new - bottom is the one made in class
 I really do not like detail work, so in the second book I popped up stickers instead of placing the window down in the corner.
I tried to use the leftover products from my first class - use them up first before cracking open a brand new package of stickers, letters or embellishments.  These are the back covers.  I also changed the binding.  I pulled out my Cinch and used plastic spiral binding rather than two rings.  I am happy with how it turned out.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Your books turned out great. I have to do some journaling in mine.