Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's all the rage...

repurposed. recycled wool sweaters.  The first time I came across this was a couple of years ago when I went to Junk Bonanza in Minnesota.  I bought a purse that had been sewn out of a pine green wool sweater.  I love it.  Since then I have noticed that "recycled" wool sweaters are everywhere.  Take a look...
 leggings made from the sleeves of a sweater
 sofa pillows
 mittens - love these!
 baby booties - so adoreable!
 someone even unraveled sweaters for future knitting uses
 This sweater was made into a winter cap and the sleeves were made into sweater headbands (for outdoor use)
 Really cute mittens - the watermelon mittens caught my eye.
Christmas trees made out of circles cut from sweaters.

These are just a few items, but they definitely show how creative people are.  It's fun to look at the "new" items and try to "see" the sweater they were before.  I have not yet tried to find sweaters at any thrift stores, but I plan to.  Wonder what I'll find.

No comments: