Monday, July 9, 2012

Quilt Time

A few years ago, I wanted to make a rag quilt and bought all the fabric, but never got around to doing it.  I finally made an "appointment" with my good friend, Diana V., and went out to her house this weekend to start it.  She showed me how to cut the fabric and then - with her help - started sewing the blocks (front, backing, and back).  
I started with 10" x 10" squares of six different prints of flannel.  My color scheme is mainly green (my FAVORITE color!) and white with a little bit of lavender.
We also cut the batting and back pieces - thank goodness for Diana's circular cutter.  It was a life saver!  JoAnn's had them on sale for 55% off, so I made sure I purchased one.
I finished sewing my squares together - 72 total.  Next I am going to lay them out on my bed and see how big the comforter will be.  I may need to add some more squares, we'll see.  I am so excited to finish this quilt!

No comments: