Friday, February 22, 2013

More Quilting

I have been crafting - a little bit of paper stuff and a little bit of quilting.  I finished the outside borders of the heart quilt.
I used one of the red fabrics as part of the "Flirt" line by Moda, which of course matches the quilt.  And then for the outer frame, I used a lighter print.
As you can see, it is pretty good size.  Next is the backing and then ship it off to California for machine quilting.  I am so excited about finishing it!
Then I moved on to the Lucy's Crab Shack quilt top...
This is just the inside panel and as you can see, it is just a mixture of the jelly roll strips, but the colors are beautiful and the theme is beachy.  I just love the name "Lucy's Crab Shack."  It makes me want to snuggle up under the blanket while watching TV or reading a book.  I placed the fabric I am using for the borders and back on the right side of the strips so you can see what I plan to use.  There wasn't much to choose from at the store because this is actually from last year's line. 
There will be more quilting tonight.

No comments: