Sunday, April 14, 2013

A morning at a garage sale

Nicole and Sam had a garage sale on Saturday morning.  It was my intent to get there at 7:00 when they "opened for business", but it was more like 8:15 before I pulled up in front of their house.
I bought a stack of books from Miss Kylee.  You couldn't beat the price of $.25 each.  My plan is to give them to Katie for her classroom or reward box for her first graders.
Kylee and I were looking at the $10 TV thinking it was a good deal.
I bought one craft item - a chipboard bucket.  I guess you would call it a bucket.  Kylee was great about marking the prices and in this particular case, she marked it sold.  I spent a total of $9.25 at the garage sale and that all went to Kylee.
After being outside for the sale and then putting everything away, we ended up at a neighborhood restaurant called Texaz.  Quite a unique and busy decor.
There wasn't one empty space on the wall.  Lots of things to read.
On the recommendation of Sam, I ordered the chicken fried steak which came with red mashed potatoes, biscuit, and corn.  Believe it or not, this is the LUNCH portion.  Did you notice it is hanging off the plate?  I can't imagine the size of the dinner portion.  It was very good, but I had to take more than half of it home.  After lunch, I set out for home ... to take a nap.

No comments: