Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Zippidy Do Dah

I started making my dad a lap quilt and I found an older fabric line called Zippidy Do Dah by Moda which has a red, white and blue theme.  My dad has always been very patriotic, so I thought this would be appropriate for him.  My dad has never been a "quilt kind of guy," but was diagnosed about 5 years ago with liver cancer.  My dad is now 88, soon to be 89 in August.  He recently was given not-so-good news by his doctor.  His goal is to make 90.  I just feel that he might be at a point in his illness, where he will start to slow down and he may want a lap quilt.  I added some additional red and blue fabric, which are part of the PB&J line by Basic Grey/Moda.
I separated the strips by colored patterns,
Sorted the stacks and started sewing, end to end.
I finished the inside panel of my dad's quilt.  I really do like the colors.  I feel a little funny about using the floral prints, but ... it is what it is.  I don't think he will mind.  I just hope he will be comfortable while using it.

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh, Jean, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis. I do love the quilt you are making for him, and I really wouldn't worry about the floral print - I think it works really well with the other fabrics. I'm sure your dad will love the quilt, and what a nice thing for you to do to help him be more comfortable!

Laurie said...

He will love it.