Saturday, September 14, 2013

Our first encounters with Germany and Croatia

After leaving Newark, we flew into Munich, Germany to change planes.  They had a couple of "lounges" that were quiet places to sit and rest.  This is a picture taken while I was reclining in the chair.  It really reminded me of the nap pods in the movie "The Internship."  If you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean.
 Nap areas...
 If you really want privacy, check out this napcab.  For 15 euros you could rent a sleeping room at the airport.  I couldn't tell how much time you get, though.
Sorry, you have to flip the picture. 
 I haven't figured out how to do that on my nook.
 I thought this sign was funny.  It is the sign showing you where to exit from the restroom.  It makes me laugh because it looks like they want you to run.  
I definitely got some odd looks when I took this photo.
 We landed in Munich at 7:45 am so the shops weren't open yet but I was looking at all of the Hummel figurines in the gift shop window.  My mother-in-law has Hummels, so I found these to be special.
 After yet another flight into Dubrovnik, we were met at the airport and taken to our hotel, The Tirena.
We had a wonderful buffet,
So I tried small amounts of many different things.
Geri, this picture is for you.  I know how you appreciate my food photos.
I am already having a great time and am just getting started!


No comments: