Friday, November 22, 2013

Still working on the lap quilt for my dad...

I put it down not too long before having foot surgery and am just now getting back into it.  Tonight I had to trim off the edges...
 I cut the strips for the edging...
 I then sewed on the strips... right sides together...
I decided that I am going to sew the edging on by machine, rather than by hand, so I am pinning it for better accuracy.
 Right about that time, Sophie decided she wanted to sit on my lap, so production came to a stop.
I'll pick it back up tomorrow night ... and should be able to get it finished.  Yeah!

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It's looking great, Jean. I just love the fabric you used on this quilt. Did you quilt it yourself? Or did you take it somewhere to be quilted? I'm wanting to make a larger quilt but can't imagine quilting it on my little machine. If you have time, and wouldn't mind, can you shoot me a quick email and let me know? Thanks a bunch! :o)

tainted with a positive view said...

Deb, I can't contact you through your blog - the "Contact me" link is grayed out. But I would love to give you information.