Monday, December 23, 2013

My daughter is a genius!

Kimmy has gotten me excited again about polishing my nails.  She has probably 200 different colors of polish, the nail dryer, gel polishes, special decanters, etc.  When she recently moved back home for a brief time, I had total access to her stash.  One of my absolute favorite polishes is by OPI and it is a sort of brown glitter top coat.  Of course, they don't make it anymore and I have looked EVERYWHERE for it.  I could not find it.  So, Kimmy said I should try and make my own... so here we go...
I went out and bought a bottle of clear polish.
I then pulled out my stash of glitter, trying to figure out which color I wanted.  I used real fine glitter by  Glitter Ritz.  The colors are absolutely beautiful!
I then mixed the three colors in this little metal pot I have.  (This part makes me feel like a mad scientist.)
You can see I put tissue paper down because glitter gets everywhere.  I will probably be wearing it for a week.
This is what I ended up with.  The one on the left is the color I was going for - a little bit of brown glitter with just a tad of latte to brighten it up.  The one on the right was my first attempt.  It is a nice color, but it has more gold than I originally wanted and is definitely a lot more glitter.  So now I have my own, one-of-a-kind glitter top coat.  Love it!
Like I said, my daughter is a genius!

No comments: