Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My baby flew the coop!

My youngest, Kimberly, made the decision to spread her wings and move to Washington D.C.  
Well, the day finally arrived...
 Her bags were packed the night before and sitting by the door.
 It was dark when we loaded the car and headed to the airport.
 I got Kimmy to take a "selfie" of the two of us.
 There she is - checking in and giving me a good bye wave!
(We had finished hugging and crying - I think the skycap was a little worried.)
I checked on her before she boarded. 
She's fine.  Breakfast sandwich.  Coffee.  And reading material.

P.S.  She let me know tonight she made it to her destination.

Now?  The pressure is on Daughter No. 1, Katelyn, to entertain me.  :)

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh gosh, Jean. I feel your pain! All the best to your brave girl, Kimmy, and good luck to you with adjusting to her being so far away! When do you get to go visit?

tainted with a positive view said...

I have talked with her several times already but my trip is set for April. :)