Monday, June 16, 2014

My friend's retirement

My friend, Pat, recently retired from my office and in preparation of that, I wanted to make her a book that would represent part of the reason she is retiring.  Her plan is to spend more time with her grandchildren - her little people, as she calls them.  So I made a Starbucks altered mini book of a trip she took last year to take care of her twin grandsons.  Here's the start/bare bones of the book
 I covered the front and back of each Starbucks sleeve
and stitched the bottom and sides.
 I punched holes using my Cinch.
 Here's the book before any embellishments or photos:
 I put photos in each pocket.
 And did some light embellishing.
So my gift to her was a "reminder" of why she wants to retire and be near family.
I wanted to make her a card ...
 ... and a matching envelope.
 We also had a firm-wide potluck so that everyone could say their goodbyes.  
Last but not least, I made a candy bar card regarding her "parting."
 Her last day was fun and [I hope] memorable for her.


No comments: