Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Breakfast with Grandma

Because of Kimberly's work schedule, we weren't able to get to Grandma's on Thanksgiving Day.  So we went Saturday and took breakfast with us.
To make it easy, I made a crock pot recipe with tator tots, sausage, diced ham cheese, and eggs.
Here's what it looks like before cooking.  I have to say, it was not my favorite.  I think it cooked too long, even though I followed the directions.  I felt more like a breakfast hash. I think my first choice would be a breakfast casserole you make at night and bake in the morning.
I then made the bran muffin recipe - my favorite - that supposedly keeps in your frig for up to 6 weeks.  I never have it around that long, but it does keep a long time.  I used to make this a lot when my girls were at home and in school.  I could make them a hot muffin for the morning without any fuss.  We had a nice morning with Grandma and Dick - always nice to catch up.

No comments: