Monday, December 8, 2014

Putting up the tree

I Love Christmas, but as I age, I find that I don't have the patience I used to have in setting out all of the Christmas decorations.  However, I still make it a point to put up my tree - just the way I like it.  So, today is the day, I started digging out the Christmas lights and tree trimmings.
 Every year I try to do the tree a little different by changing the lights or in the past, 
I've put up a white tree. 
This year I am using red and green lights.
 I bought a new tree this year - I sold my old one in a my garage sale.  It needed to go.
The new one has white lights on it, but I like more - much more - so I started
wrapping additional strands of red and green lights around the tree.
Not sure I will get my ornaments on today, but you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to open one of the boxes and find some ornaments from my parents.  I wondered what happened to their ornaments and found that my sisters set aside this box for me.  
So excited and thankful!  
These ornaments will be some of the first to go on my tree.
Check back again - hopefully I will be finished with this task and on to the next!

No comments: