Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Cabaret !!

The Gammage Center in Tempe kicked off their 2016-2017 season with Cabaret.  You know, I don't really remember much about Cabaret - only that Liza Minnelli performed.  I didn't know the story line or much of anything.
The picture below is of the stage, just prior to the show.  We sit up very high, so it's not a great picture, but the lights were really nice.  You know... I didn't expect it to be risqué, but it was.  My daughter thought I should have expected that.  Hmmm.  So, I looked up the word "Cabaret" and it indicated it is a form of entertainment featuring music, song, dance and it takes place in a pub or restaurant, or nightclub.  So, I never suspected it would be what I considered to be risqué.  I also didn't know the story line, so I was surprised to know that it actually dealt with the Jewish community in Germany and the rise of the Nazis during WWII.
Kate and Kim bought season tickets with MaryAnna and I, but Kim was not able to go so she gave her ticket to Sondra (who happens to be the mom of Isaiah and Isaac).  
I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say it will be one of my favorites.  However, it's always fun to get together with friends and family.

No comments: