Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's for dinner a/k/a Can you say CHEESE??



I decided tonight to try a new recipe from the A Taste of Home cookbook. Check out the picture. This is called Beefy Noodle Bake submitted by a lady from Pennsylvania. The recipe looked good, kind of comforting, like something you would want on a cool evening. Well, it is somewhat cool here right now in Phoenix (I am NOT complaining), so I decided to turn on my oven and give it a whirl. Once I got it all put together, it looked questionable. Kind of a tomato base beef stroganoff dish. I still had hope, though. The real test would be getting it past my oldest daughter. As she gets older, she is definitely more open minded about foods. Turns out, it was actually very good. I think I would add a couple of garlic cloves when browning the hamburger, because it did need a little more zip. I think my camera enhanced the cheese.

Thanks to everyone who viewed my blog, became a follower, and/or left a comment. I love that you took the time.

3 comments:

It's Me! Adriana said...

I am late to the ballgame here but I just signed up as a follower and would love to leave you a couple of comments. I am picking this one because it is lonely with no comments. I don't know how to break it to you but it looks like ick. But the blog is marvelous (I said that in my best Billy Crystal voice).

Unknown said...

You can never have too much garlic in my estimation! That does remind me of dishes we used to have when I was growing up. We had such a big family and needed stick-to-the-ribs dishes to keep my dad and brothers contented....always a good thing!

tainted with a positive view said...

Adriana - you are right, but remember that looks aren't everything.

Pat - definitely reminded me of growing up with a big family!