Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's in box # 1???

Remember that show? Let's Make A Deal! We used to watch that all the time. Okay, on to what was in the box that was delivered to my house and dumped on my sidewalk because it was too big to get through the door.

Here's the truck and delivery guy...

Here's the box again...

Here's my nephew, Richard, and my neighbor, Dru, putting it together. I could not have done it without them! While it was on the pallet, it weighed 525 pounds!! After it was taken off the pallet, it weighed 475 pounds and was in three parts. Amazing!!

And here it is: The Original Scrapbox. It is a piece of furniture created just for scrapbooking supplies. When closed up, it is actually about 3.5 feet by 3.5 feet. It then rolls open to be 9 feet across. It will probably stay open most of the time.

It has a black beadboard finish......and 85 compartments! I thought there was no way I would fill them up, but guess what? I only have about 5 left to fill and I'm not quite done. I am excited to actually utilize this piece - it should be more convenient that my old set up, which was total chaos.

Now you know, this was in the large wood box left on my driveway.

5 comments:

It's Me! Adriana said...

I am so jealous of a box!!!!

tainted with a positive view said...

Adriana, Do you ever sleep? I was up at 5:26, but I was getting ready for work, not surfing blogs. :)

Tina said...

WOW...Jean that is so cool! I love it!

sherry said...

All I can add is wow wow wow. You are so lucky. Looks like a great organizing piece of furniture

vee said...

I WANT THAT!!!