Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy 86th Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday - an amazing 86 years old! I just want to share some of my favorite pictures. Here are the seven of us. The "three little ones" in the front (Jean, Jeff, and Gail), middle row: Dad, Mom, and Ed, then Susan in the back. Mr. GQ. I think this picture is really good of my dad, but when I first saw it, I have to admit that I was surprised of this picture.

This is one of my absolute favorites. My parents won a car when they lived in Chicago. My mother wrote a slogan that was used on the Illinois state license plate. Man, I wish I had that license plate today! I'd use it as cover to a scrapbook! They didn't keep the car, they sold it, but it is still a very cool story.

This is my dad now. He's having dinner at my sister's house in Florida. We always have a couple of big dinners whenever family is in town. You're looking good, Dad!

I know you won't read this, but I'm wishing you the best year ever!

1 comment:

Tina said...

What was the slogan? And could you check ebay for a plate? It wouldn't be the one from their car but you might find one with the slogan on it. That would be so cool. :)