Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last Thursday, we started at Junk Bonanza

held in Shakopee, Minnesota. It is held at Canterbury Park which is for horse racing/betting, that kind of thing. I believe Junk Bonanza started in 2006. The entrance...
Two campers parked outside... very quaint.
This is a dress form, but notice the fox head. I didn't even see that until later.
An iron/metal Christmas tree. I just love odd stuff.
Nicole digging for bargains. This booth had many to choose from. Flowers made out of zippers. So very cute and as you will see in a later blog, these are all the rage right now.
A paper weight. Okay, I took this picture because I wanted to be able to make them, but for the life of me, I can't remember how they did it. I will have to depend on Nicole for that information. She's a bit younger, thus her brain is sharper.
Another "dress" form, but I'm not sure what you would use this for. I can't see me putting it in my living room.
Glass windows, fencing, and the "How Quaint" sign made from metal letters.
This is an organizer, but I thought it would be so cool to put my scrapbook tools in for my home craft room. It is made out of cans. If you painted it, used embellishments... now wouldn't that be cute? It is soldered together so I might need a little help from my brother in law for that.
Some type setting stamps....
A lace dress/flower hat over another dress form.
That's it for the displays. Tomorrow I will show you what I actually purchased at Junk Bonanza. We spent about 2-3 hours there, and I know I must have missed something. People were walking out with windows, tables, etc. It was very cool! This part of the trip was a pleasant surprise. We had no idea about what to expect, but it was a lot of fun. If you live in the Minneapolis area, you should consider going next year.

No comments: