Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Countdown to Christmas

A couple of "things" about Christmas this year. 
THING #1
Normally our tree looks like this.  It is pretty tall, GREEN, and covered with lots of ornaments.  I mean LOTS of ornaments.  My philosophy has always been that there is room for one more ornament; there is always one branch that can hold another ornament... and I love hodge podge, nothing matches and everything is unique to certain years.   
This year, I want to shake things up a little bit, so after talking with my carpool buddy, Lisa, (who always has a white tree), I decided to go buy a white tree from Walmart.  Once I got it put together, I wasn't so sure I'd made a good decision, but when I plugged it in - it is absolutely beautiful!  
I thought I wanted to put color lights on it, but I think I like it just the way it is.  I want to put some colored glass balls on it, maybe some unconventional colors... and I have another idea.  I saw a tree where they made ornaments out of family photos.  I love that idea!  I plan on stealing the idea, and am hoping I can pull it all together.
When I get it done, I will share it with you.  I think it will be a work in progress.

THING #2
I signed up for a kit from Stephanie Ackerman and the title of the mini book is "Countdown to Christmas."  My understanding is that it is a 25-page mini book, counting down to Christmas.  So... this picture of the white tree will be "Day 24."  I will share with you each day what picture will be in my mini book this year.  I am committed to taking a photo each day, right up thru Christmas Eve.  It should be fun.  Even more fun to look back at my book.

Have a great day!
I would love to hear about your Christmas trees!

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love the white tree, Jean. It looks like you and I are in the same mode this year. When I took our tree down last year I decided that the next time I put one up it would all be done in red and white. I'm almost finished decorating and so far I really like the change up. Merry Christmas! xo

tainted with a positive view said...

When you are finished, put it on your blog. I would love to see it!