Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January's Card Exchange

The assigment for January's Card Exchange was to come up with a character card.  First off, I need to say that I am not a cat person.  I have owned cats in the past and loved them, but I would still say that I am not a cat lover.  I was attracted to this cat stamp many years ago (1999 - it is actually dated) and thought he is so stinkin' cute that I just had to have him.  It is by Penny Black.  It was well worth the money because I have used this stamp many times over.  I have always wanted to color the hearts on his bloomers green and use the saying below.  I finally did it and have to say I love the look!  Green is my favorite color, so I am happy about the end results.

I colored him by using water color pencils.  I love the effect of shading they give.  Stitched around the edge, the paper used was by Reminisce, I believe.  This turned out to definitely be a card for St. Patrick's Day or any of your Irish friends.
I used a border punch for the inside flap to give it a little bit of something extra.  Love those green hearts!

No comments: