Sunday, April 17, 2011

Accordion Class

Yesterday was the accordion card class which was held at Paper Vineyard in Chandler.  I sold a total of 22 kits!  It was a lot of cutting, and the ladies were very pleased that I "pre-cut" the papers.  I did, however, have them cut their own card bases, so that they could do this when they got home.  The paper line was "Fun House" by GCD and so the theme was vintage circus/fair.  It is a gorgeous paper line.  Here are a few photos of the class while it is in progress.  Treats?  Yes!  Everyone received an individual bag of Animal Crackers!  Perfect fair food!


 This was my favorite card - I just love the lady standing/riding the horse.  Someone else loved it too - it was missing from the store, so we did not have this sample for class.
Before my class on Saturday, I actually attended the Maricopa County Fair held at the State fairgrounds at 19th Avenue and McDowell.  I left my cell phone at home, so I don't have any photos.  (I was totally bummed out about this fact because I use my cell phone for taking pictures just about everywhere!)
I was able to pull a photo off the web, though.
This looked like the fairway that we walked yesterday.  Nicole and her girls, Myah and Kylee, met me at the fairgrounds and we have a good time riding rides, playing games, and eating lunch.  I have to say it was hot, though.  I did get some sun, but I'm sure I needed it.
So...
It was a fun-filled, fair kind of day!

2 comments: