Monday, April 18, 2011

Some news for Sunday

I slept in just a bit this morning and then went to Cindy's to pick up some tables.  I am getting ready for a garage/moving sale this next weekend, and she so graciously offered me hers to use (table, not garage).  I then wanted to pick something up from Michaels and since they didn't open until 10:00, we treated ourselves to Starbucks.  Mmmmmm.
The news?  My house sold and the new owners need to move in by May 11, which means I need to be out before then.  Have you ever noticed most homes now only have "For Sale" signs or real estate signs?  Rarely, or never, is the "sold" sign put out like it used to be.  I think it is a sign of the times, the short sales, the foreclosures.  I have been told nothing is for sure until the paper work goes through.  Regardless, I am gearing up for a move.  Never fear - my craft room will the last room to pack up and probably the first thing to unpack.
I will be renting a house from my friend and I have been there multiple times, but discovered I never really paid a whole lot of attention to detail.  But while Cindy and I were waiting for Michaels to open, she made me a drawing of the house with suggestions on where I could put my furniture.  That's what you see below - it is on a Starbucks napkin.  It was a fun morning and now this afternoon, I am going to start going through cupboards, with the idea of getting rid of stuff.
P.S. Cindy's dad made this pen - it is made out of wood.  I have seen his others, and they are absolutely beautiful!

No comments: