Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bob's BBQ

It's annual vacation time... and right now I am sitting in a hotel room in Butner/Creedmore, North Carolina.    Kate and I are on our way to Williamsburg, Virginia.  So we flew to Raleigh-Durham, rented a car (brand new - only 7 miles on the odometer - Toyota Corolla!)  We were so tired, we stopped right outside of Raleigh in a place called Butner Creedmore .  We actually don't know the name of the town, but we think it might be Creedmore.  We are at a Comfort Inn - good rates and we had a really good waffle for breakfast.  Last night, Kate wanted barbeque, so she found a place called "Bob's BBQ."  They had the sweetest ladies working there.  I use my phone for taking pictures, more than I talk on it.  So here are some photos:
I ordered BBQ stew, which is a lot like thick vegetable soup, with shredded meat.  It was really good, but I couldn't finish it.  All meals come with unlimited hush puppies and they think the best way to eat them is dipped in butter.  I have to admit, the butter did enhance the hush puppy.  I know I shouldn't have, but I did it anyway.  And then we had iced tea to drink.  Kate got the BBQ pork sandwich and it was HUGE.  Sorry, no photos of the sandwich.  Kate was hungry.
This is the front of Bob's BBQ.  It looks a lot like a house.  The atmosphere is very casual.  Perfect for us since we'd been traveling all day.  You walk up to the counter, order, it is ready for you by the time you get to the end of the line and pay.  
It is really hard to see, but this is the sign for Bob's BBQ.  The start of the sunset is pretty, though.  Plus, Bob's sign almost, if you don't look real close, almost looks like a cross.  More to come later.

No comments: