Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Friendsday Wednesday!

I follow a blog called Michele Made Me and this crafty lady makes things, decorations, gifts, whatever ... out of stuff she has around the house, usually things that are from her recyling bin.  I am amazed at some of the things she comes up with.  Here are a few photos...
These snowflakes are so pretty and are made out of newspaper circulars/ads.  I would never have guessed that.  They really caught my eye.
This wreath is made out of milk cartons.  Before I read the blog I had guessed it was made from a Cool Whip container.
These small ornament wreaths are made out of spiral notebook rings.  I think I would maybe go one step further and sprayed them with some glimmer mist.  Still, a great project to do with your kids.
The point is - she makes "stuff" out of whatever we would normally throw away.  Go to her website and check out her posts.  I love the fact that she has me thinking about the materials I throw out every day.  I do have a (full) drawer in my craft room labeled "green supplies."  You guessed it.  It is full of packaging, cardboard, plastics, paper coffee cups, whatever I think I might use on a project or as the base of a project.  It makes me feel good when I have saved something from the trash and given it a good use.  With that happy thought - have a great day!

3 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Great post, Jean. I LOVE those snowflakes! I'm off to check out her blog...

Marti said...

Thanks for the link. The snowflakes are adorable. I thought at first they were painted.

Melody said...

I just love the heart house made out of old greeting cards. Been saving Christmas cards since I don't know when. Yippee. Reminds me of all the stuff I made with my aunt when I was little.