Sunday, March 11, 2012

Roasted Cabbage

My daughter, Kimmy, and I split Bountiful Baskets.  Last time we were given 2 heads of cabbage, yes 2 heads!  Kimmy does not like it - at least thinks she does not like it - so I took both heads of cabbage home.  Tonight I tried something different - roasted cabbage.  I happen to like cooked cabbage, so this is right up my alley.
First you brush about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a pan or cookie sheet, something with a lip all the way around.  Slice the cabbage into 1" wedges and lay flat in the pan.  Sprinkle coarse salt, pepper, and fennel seed over the cabbage wedges.  Bake at 400 for about 40 to 45 minutes.
Voila!  You have roasted cabbage.  I liked it, but I think I would use a little less fennel seed.  If you like cabbage, you might want to give this a try.

No comments: