Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chop Suey Sandwich, anyone??

The book we are reading this month in my book club is "The Lace Reader" by Brunonia Barry. 

It takes place in Salem.  One of the characters is going to stop and get a Chop Suey Sandwich.  What?  Yep, a Chop Suey Sandwich.  Now, I LOVE good chop suey, but I have never heard of it being served on a bun.  So, of course, I had to google it.  Here's what I found:
This first one looks okay.  Might be good, but with all of that, I don't see the purpose of a bun.  It just looks out of place.
This one - no way!  It looks like something is about to start wiggling or crawling away.  Couldn't do it.
This one?  Maybe.  It sort of looks like a sloppy joe, only not quite.  I am curious.  Has anyone out there even eaten a chop suey sandwich?  Better yet, made one?
What is the weirdest sandwich you have ever eaten?

No comments: