Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Update

I helped my friend, Adriana, at her garage sale this last Saturday.  It was a hot day, but she and her sons did all of the hard work.  I just went to help organize and re-fold, that kind of thing.  While there, another friend, Holly, made a surprise visit to pick up a high chair.  I was so excited because this is the first time I had seen her baby boy.  He is a doll...


He likes his chair!

Then, Sunday, of course was Mother's Day!  I called my mother on both Saturday and Sunday to wish her a happy day.  My girls, Kate and Kim, took me out for breakfast.  We had planned to go to Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe, but when we got there we learned that it was a champagne brunch at $32 each.  That's not what we had in mind, so then went to Ncounter on Mill Avenue in Tempe.  It was really good and reminded me a great deal of Liberty Market in Gilbert.  

Kim and Kate
My breakfast - two eggs, fried potatoes, rye toast, and sausage links.
Kim got an omelette and Kate ordered bananas foster french toast.  We all enjoyed our breakfasts.
The best part?  Spending time with my girls - we sat and talked for a little bit and made a list of our "must do's" for our upcoming trip to New York and Pennsylvania.  I have never been there, so I am extremely excited!  
I hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend.

No comments: