Thursday, May 10, 2012

What's that song again?

Oh yeah - feel free to sing along to "Where, oh where, has my little dog gone?"

Where, oh where, has my blogger friend gone?
Where, oh where, can she be?
With her daily stories and fun photographs,
Oh where, oh where, can she be?

Well, I have been busy it seems.  At least I think I have been busy.  After getting back from Oklahoma, I then went to Orlando to take care of my parents for 8 days.  They are 86 and 87 years of age and currently live on their own.  That kept me very busy - and tired - and they don't have internet, so I was totally cut off from the world (except for Fox news, which they watch every day, sometimes all day).

I was able to spend one evening with my sister, Gail, and her family in Mims, Florida.  I got to meet my new great niece, born in February.  Meet Addyson...
Addy has the most beautiful blue eyes.  And man, is she ever cuddly.  I could have held her forever.  Her mother is Rachel and that is my sister, Gail.  Gail hosted a dinner one night after working a full day, just so I could see the babies.  Now, meet Caleb (Addy's big brother)...
These pics are blurry because this kid is fast!  I could not get him to sit still for a moment.  He was so cute on this little tractor and he amazed me by his driving skills.  Plus, he is a handsome little guy.

The trip to Florida was bitter sweet because my dad just got out of the hospital and was very sick and weak when he came home.  I looked at assisted living facilities, which marks another phase for my parents, and our siblings.  There are so many things to consider.

In Phoenix, my daughter, Katie's friend, Sondra (the girls actually call her my third daughter), had her first baby.  Meet Isaiah...
Meet Sondra and Katie... and Isaiah (in the blue cap, of course). 
Here's a close up.  I just had to take a picture of him in his new cap even though it was way too big.  Welcome to our world, Isaiah!  Sondra looked great and I know she will be the best mom ever.  Congrats to Dave, too, Sondra's husband. 

Thanks for reading again.  I will do my best to be more diligent.

No comments: