Monday, June 18, 2012

I had so much fun at the card crop

on Saturday held at Paper Vineyard!  It was only $10 and we received product worth more than that.   The store has been rearranged by swapping the cropping area with part of the store.  I did not get a picture of it, but it is really nice.  While sitting at the tables and working on your projects, you almost feel like you are a part of the store.  You will have to go and check it out for yourself.  It just has such an open feeling.  Everyone loved it.
At the crop, I worked on my cards for both the June and July card exchanges.  Here are the finished cards...
This is June's card - the theme was "red, white, and blue."  I used a cornflower blue as opposed to a navy blue.  The paper used is a combination by October Afternoon and Crate Paper.  A little patriotic, but not 100%.  Simple but cute (if I do say so myself).
July's card exchange theme is "thank you."  I am trying to use supplies/papers, etc. that I already have at home.  Several years ago I bought these round tags off of etsy.com.  I think I had wanted to use them in a class, but never did.  I used the match stick / a tri-fold card base with an older line of Crate Paper.  You can't see it in these pictures, but I used white eyelets to attach the tags to the edge of the card.  I then punched a small slit in the fold on the left and threaded white ribbon through the eyelet.  I love the end product!  My first thoughts were not good ones, but actually I am quite happy with it.
I love that I am ahead of schedule for the card exchange!  Yippee!

No comments: