Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chili Recipe

I saw this recipe - a while back - in People Magazine and really wanted to try it.  I always look forward to the recipes they highlight every week.  The recipe actually comes from Leo Howard (A Disney star, but I am totally out of that realm anymore and don't know who he is).  The day finally arrived and I put it in the crock pot this morning.
Turned out, it was really good and extremely easy!  I served it with homemade biscuits.  I will most definitely use this chili recipe again.  If you are interested, here it is:
2 T. vegetable oil (I did not use)
1 lb. ground turkey (I used lean hamburger)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 15-oz. can black beans, undrained
1 15-oz. can pinto beans, undrained
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 11-oz can whole kernel corn, undrained (I used shoe peg corn)
1 1-oz. package dry ranch dressing mix
1 1 1/4 oz. package taco seasoning
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced (I added this to the recipe - you can't make chili without garlic, right?)

Directions:  Brown hamburger, onion, and garlic over medium heat.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally until liquid thickens, about 20 minutes.
Crock Pot:  Brown hamburger, onion, and garlic.  Mix ingredients in crock pot.
Cook on low for one-half day.

Hope you enjoy it!

jean



No comments: