Friday, February 1, 2013

Quilt Weekend

My friend, Diana, invited me to a "Girls' Quilting Getaway."  So last weekend, we made a quick trip to Hemet and Ontario, California with two of her sisters.  Once there, we met another of her sisters, had lunch at Panora, and went on to the Quilt Show in Ontario, California.  The Sisters?  Jean Ann, Janie, and Carolyn.  Here are some of the highlights:
 We start at the convention center in Ontario...
 There were so many beautiful quilts and fabrics...
 I think these blue birds and extremely cute!
 Not everything quilted is a quilt.
 After a day of shopping, we stopped at Famous Dave's BBQ for dinner.
I was told it is TRADITION.  I didn't get a picture of our dinner, 
but it was served in the lid of a garbage can.  
Something different and very tasty.
We went back to Carolyn's house, and didn't waste time getting into bed.  It had been a long day.
Carolyn is a talented lady who obviously loves quilting.  This is the bedroom where I stayed.  
She made the quilts and pillows - so very gorgeous!
 Even the valance was quilted.
 Carolyn and her husband, Bill, live in Hemet and their home is situated in the foothills.  
I guess that's what you would call it. 
This picture was taken looking out their front window - that's their driveway.  
It is steeper than it looks in the photo.
 This is part of their back yard.  They have such a wonderful view.
 This boulder sits smack dab behind their house between...
 their two grassy areas.  I can only imagine that in the spring it is absolutely beautiful.
 After a wonderful breakfast, we went through some of the quilts made by Carolyn.
And I mean only some of the quilts.
 I took photos of just a few.
She has a couple of trunks full of quilts.  They are absolutely beautiful - such a talent.
Time to go, but before we get back in the car and head back to Arizona, 
I snapped a picture of the Crandall Sisters...
Jean Ann, Janie, Diana, and Carolyn.
There is one missing, but I hear she'll be visiting in March.
Such a great weekend - quick but full of fun!


No comments: