Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Another jelly roll - I can't help it...

I love them!  They are such beautiful color combinations and designs.  You should see my list of the ones I want to buy.  I know it won't happen, but a girl can dream, right?
My daughter, Kimmy, picked out her own jelly roll of the fabric she wants me to use when making her quilt and the colors are so gorgeous, I just had to start it tonight.  By this time tomorrow, I will have the inside panel done.  She chose Valentina Ramos by Robert Kaufman.
There is very little white, or light colored strips, so Kim's quilt will be full of color.  The picture below shows the strips all sewn together in one extra long strip - 1760 inches of fabric.  In this picture, I have started sewing the two ends together.
It makes me want to stay up late and finish this part, but that's not a good plan since I have to be at work in the morning.  I'll have more to show you tomorrow.

No comments: