Monday, February 25, 2013

February Card Exchange

It has been AGES since I shared photos of the monthly card exchange I take part in.  The theme for February is "floral," which is not one of my favorite themes - because I am not good at arranging them.  I have to keep it simple and I came up with this card...
I used hearts to create flower petals and used buttons for the centers.  After stitching the stems on book pages, I used different patterned papers that I had on hand.  As I mentioned before, I am trying to use my stash rather than purchase more "stuff."  So far, it is working.  Simple and I am happy with it.
My friend, Cindy, is not able to attend this month's exchange, so she left her cards with me.  Here's a sneak peek...
Very cute - I believe she may have used a paper line by Crate Paper, but don't quote me on that.  I know she used the fairly new tissue paper by Tim Holtz in the layering of the flowers.

No comments: