Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I am a woman obsessed!

After attending the quilt show last weekend, I have been C-R-A-Z-Y about starting a quilt.  And not just any quilt.  I am really excited about jelly rolls (no, not food).  Well, I do like jelly rolls, but that should be the subject of another blog.
I bought these two jelly rolls, I believe both are made by Moda.  One is "Joy" which is a Christmas pattern.  The other is "Flirt" which is hearts/birds and Valentine's theme.  I found it so hard to select just one because they are all so beautiful.  I am starting off by sewing the strips, end-to-end, making one long roll.  Here's one of the piles when I first started sewing the strips together...
And here's the inside panel - done - next step is to attach the borders, which takes a little more brain power for me.
It went together pretty quickly and I am looking forward to making many of these quilts.

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh this is really fun, Jean. I love the colors and the way your quilt top looks so far. I have been eyeing those jelly rolls for a while now! Can't wait to see more quilting over here.