Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Fun Night to Remember...

You might remember that I won tickets to the Phoenix Theater's production of "Our Town" by Thornton Wilder.  I did a little research and it first played in New Jersey in January of 1938, so it has been around - and quite popular - for many years
This is one of my absolute favorite plays, so I totally lucked out when I won two tickets at Myah and Kylee's "Little Mermaid" musical back in February, I think.  Well, Friday night was the night and it was wonderful - even better than I remembered.  I invited my friend, Pat, to go along because I know how much she loves the theater.  She had never seen it, so she had no expectations whatsoever.  Before the play, we went out for dinner and based on a recommendation by Nicole, we went to Postino.
This was my first time at Postino and Pat and I ordered the bruschetta plate - you get to pick four different bruschettas and they come out on a board - they were wonderful!  I probably won't get this 100% right, but we chose (1) white bean hummus and tomato,  (2) prosciutto, fig and mascarpone cheese (3) fig, pistachio, and ricotta cheese, and (4) apple with brie cheese.  Two were a little sweeter and served as our "dessert."  They were phenomenal.
Meet Pat.  We each ordered a bowl of pasta fagioli soup and it was extremely hearty!  I could have gone with a cup of soup, or none at all, however, it was delicious. I would love to find a good recipe for that.
I didn't get a picture of our server, Jenny, but she was so sweet and brought us a COMPLIMENTARY creme brulee to share.  I think I ate more than my half.  It was so wonderful!

We had such a nice night.  It was late when I got home, but it was a lot of fun!  I would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments: