Sunday, August 11, 2013

Challenge Day 11 - "Landscape"

Yes, I know.  I am late getting this one posted.  It has been a busy weekend.  I went to Diana's house to work on another quilt.  This one is the Zippidy Do Dah fabric - reds, creams, tans, and blues.  Diana lives in Buckeye, which is a little bit of a drive for me.  But I listen to my book on CD and away I go.  Diana and her husband own horses so they live out, away from the freeway.  There is so much to see and the mountains are beautiful.  This is the landscape picture I took on my way out there...
Those are the White Tank Mountains and they look much farther away than they really are.  Getting ready for Saturday's quilting session, I finished the top and back of my quilt.  Sophie just had to be in on the action.
The next pictures were taken after my quilting day...
I now need to trim it and sew on the binding. My intention is to give this one to my father.
Diana taught me how to free hand quilt and I had so much fun!  I am very fortunate she is willing to teach me how to use her quilting machine.
After laying it out to look at it again, Sophie still likes it.

No comments: