Sunday, November 10, 2013

Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market

Yesterday was a really nice day - tiring, and hot, but still a lot of fun!  Junk in the Trunk sponsored a one-day event - Vintage Market - in Scottsdale on Saturday.  Here are some of the highlights:
 My day started off early by leaving the house at 6:00 a.m. to get up to West World.
 These photos were taken by me, standing on the outside of the booth area.
 It was held in a huge area.
 I volunteered to help out at the Grapevine Designs booth...
 which was set up beautifully!
 Here we are - Sue, Adriana, and myself.  
Sue and Adriana (and her boys) were the ones who worked so hard to get the booth ready.
Some other items that got my attention...
 turquoise bookshelf
 old typewriters
 rugs crocheted and woven out of old sheets
 clocks made out of door knobs and door plates
 cupcake ornaments
 a closer look at the ornaments
 A table top Christmas tree made out of costume jewelry (sorry, you'll have to turn your head).
The price tag on this was $225 - spendy, I know.
 end tables given a retro look
 lots of signage
 a table made out of old pieces of weathered wood
 a bowl of sock monkeys - one of my favorite things
and Christmas decorations.
I didn't have much time to walk around but was able to take these few photos.
Yep, it was a really nice day.

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! Dang, I wish I had known about this event. Glad you had a good time, and I'm really glad you snapped some photos for your blog. :o)