Thursday, December 19, 2013

An Afternoon with the Vance Sisters

Diana Vance, her sisters, and more (nieces, daughters, daughters-in-law) get together for a holiday cookie exchange and SO much more - this last weekend was their fourth annual event and I was fortunate to receive an invitation.  Here are some of the highlights:
Above is the trunk of my car - cookies and white elephant gift packed and ready to go.
When I got there, they were just finishing baking cut out cookies and the goal was to decorate them.  
We definitely had some unique cookies - I hate to say it, but this one reminds me of Mr. Bill from Saturday Night Live.  I know - totally different - but I think it is the "bug" eyes.

Ahhhh.  That pink heart is so simple, and so sweet.
After the cookies were finished, Janie and Carolyn taught us how to crochet/weave a neck scarf with our hands, and NO hooks.  The scarves were beautiful but it took me several (many!) times to get it right.
You can see everyone had on their thinking caps.
Becky and Diana were doing a good deed - untangling an entire skein of yarn for Stephanie.
Next?  The gift exchange.  The "hot" item was a VISA gift card.  I didn't get to stay for the cookie exchange.  I had another commitment for the evening. I did get my cookies, though.
It is always a lot of fun to see this wonderful group of sisters get together and just enjoy each other.

No comments: