Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hot Cocoa Cookies - Heavenly!

This year I am in two cookie exchanges.  The first one was last Saturday with the Vance girls.  What a day!  I have more pictures to share on that tomorrow.  I made Hot Cocoa Cookies and you can find the recipe here:  pipandebby.com.  They are so, SO good!  They are best right out of the oven - let them cool a little so you don't burn your mouth.
I made my cookie dough the night before and then put it in the refrigerator.  In the morning it looked and tasted almost like fudge.  So I used my ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough and made 1" balls.
 I placed them on a cookie sheet, slightly pressed the center, and baked for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
While the cookies were baking, I cut a marshmallow in half and put a 3/4" square piece of chocolate (Hershey's chocolate bar) on the sticky side.  Then place them upside down (chocolate side down) on top of the baked cookie.  They are then baked for an additional 5 minutes.  When they came out, I gently smashed them with my cookie spatula - I felt they needed to be flatter.  Then I drizzled a tiny bit of chocolate icing over the white marshmallow.
All under wraps and ready to go.

P.S. To get that warm, fresh baked taste, I zap them in the microwave for 5 seconds.  Again, they are heavenly!

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh my goodness, Jean, these sound amazing! Thanks for sharing the link to the recipe. :o)